Friday, June 7, 2013

Crochet Poncho

My sister-in-law gave me a visit with her young daughter, Doyel. Doyel wanted me to knit her a poncho but she had her own specifications. She wanted something that was not a traditional poncho but something which is a bit different. I went around googling throughout the net to find something to please this teenaged niece. I finally zeroed in a crochet summer poncho tutored by Yolanda Soto Lopez. I followed this excellent tuitorial on You Tube and crocheted this one for her. Infact the design consists of 20 squares like the one below:

I joined 20 such squares into a " L- Shaped pattern":



Finally I scalloped the sides and added the tarsels:
I do hope that this poncho cum stole manages to catch the fancy of this youngster. I shall be visiting my sis- in-law as my summer recess is on and will hand this over to Doyel next tuesday(11 th June,2013) . Anyone interested in this design may look up Yolanda Soto Lopez's "All Crafts Channel" under the title "Crochet Summer Poncho".

1 comment: