Thursday, September 13, 2012

Crochet bag

I always wanted to make a crochet bag joining a few granny squares. As I was looking for some designs for the squares I came across a "Crochet African Flower Granny square" design on you tube. I followed the instructions to create the following Granny square:


I had to crochet 13 such squares to form the bag which I made. Larger the bag more the number of squares.Well then the squares were arranged in a pattern to form a bag:


Next part was to join the squares . I used the crochet hook itself to join the squares ,though one can use the needle too.

This part was followed by the handle . I crochet a strong handle and affixed it with the bag. The final part was to line the bag with some matching cloth and sew a zipper.




I shall carry the bag to my workplace tomorrow and I really hope my friends and colleagues will like it!


5th May,2013: My sister in law saw this and wanted me to crochet one for her too. So I am making one for her. Will upload the pic soon.
7 June ,2013: I have completed my sis- in -laws bags. Will visit her this Sunday to hand it over. Combination is different this time.

And the shape is different too:

I hope sis- in- law likes and uses it Now making another for a friend of mine. In pink and grey. Let's see how that turns out. Will upload its pic too! Till then, bye bye.
25th June, 2014: And here's my bag in grey n pink:

2 comments: