Friday, March 29, 2013

Hand Embroidered Saree/ Embroidered Sari

I always wanted to embroider a sari. So did my colleague Sayani. We kept talking about it and finally one day we bought two identical sarees for ourselves in green with a red border. We also stencilled identical designs on the sari.Well here's a pic of the design:

I decided to give it a bright appearance and hence I bought red and yellow threads for the flowers. Herringbone stitch seemed fine and I used them for both the flowers and leaves:


In the middle of the flowers I used shisha or mirror. My sister Bandana taught me the mirror work. I alternated the branches with red and yellow flowers and also outlined them in contrast colours. For the stems I used stem stitch and chain stitch for the little buds.


Finally I completed the saree and wore it on Saraswati Puja( Saraswati is the goddess of learning and arts) and offered my prayers.I wore a red blouse. My colleague Sayani is also on the verge of finishing hers and she has used threads of pink and green in shaded hues. I will upload her work too after she completes. Right now here's a pic of mine:




13 comments:

  1. Embroidery Sarees are often a excellent fascination for Indian Women. Get the latest trendy online embroidery saree shopping which can enhance your stylish personality. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb collection Embroidery Sarees with different embroidery work designs. Thanks for sharing informative article with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good informative knowledge about hand work. post about embroidered sarees with hand work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very beautiful. All your works are nice. Came here through google. I would like to follow you.

    www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfectly hand woven embroidered saree, it will suit all Indian women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavy embroidery does really nice on Indian wedding sarees as they are wore on auspicious occasions ... a life time experience

    ReplyDelete
  8. we print designs on sarees,dresses,tops etc.
    we also do embroidary in minimum charges.
    for more details,please visit http://nagesh-cloth-centre.business.site/

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice information. Thanks a lot for such wonderful information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Embroidered sarees collections are awesome and also find the top collection of embroidered sarees in https://www.cbazaar.com/women/clothing/sarees/embroidered

    ReplyDelete